Monday, November 29, 2010

A Poem I wrote

God you beauty inspires me
The freshness of rain
The sweet coolness refreshes
Cleanse me again as you do with the earth

The innocent squeals of delight
As a father and daughter hug so tight
Let me be as that daughter to You
Hugging so tight and squealing with delight

The dragonfly, the birds,
The sweet flower too
All of creation cries out to you
Let me praise you with the things that I do

Yet outside these walls are the lost lonely poor
Our rebellion caused them to hunger
And our greed keeps them there
Oh how your heart must break at the sight of your world

God I want to be like You
But I am so far away
Teach me Lord to give of myself

How do I respond to the hurt all around
Give me endurance to stay in the race
To put my pride on the ground
And to pick up your grace

No comments:

Post a Comment