Saturday, January 22, 2011

A Prayer of Reflection on Romans 12:1-2

"Therefore I urge you, brothers and sisters in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God - this is your true worship. Do not conform to the pattern of this world but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is - his good, pleasing and perfect will" Romans 12 1-2

God your mercy and love astounds me
It is so hard to grasp the idea of unconditional love
Help me to experience your love mercy and grace more fully

You call for living sacrifices
Today I offer my life afresh
Help me to see where you are active
and to be used by you

I want to worship you in all that I do
When life is hard may I praise you
When life is busy may I praise you
In the noise and in the quiet may my life worship You

I am so often tempted by this world
When I am tempted be my light
May your word be my weapon
Draw me closer

Your will is good, perfect and pleasing
Help me to see where you have been faithful in the past
Help me to trust you for my future

God you are good
You love me completely
Help me to love others as You love me
Continue to grow me and challenge me

Amen

1 comment:

  1. Wow. This is really thought provoking. I have actually been thinking something along these lines myself. You've said it so eloquently. Thanks <3

    ReplyDelete